Is there a way to edit the winnt.sif when inside iso?

VulturEMaN

maybe if u download an iso viewer, but even it'll have to rebuild your iso probly

takes 2 or 3 minutes to make an iso, id just rebuild it & forget about it lol

Edited by MCT

I finally finished my final nlite disk, but I was looking at taking the cdkey out of the winnt.sif so that some friends could use it also...is there an easy way to do that without going through the whole process again?
Yes, but you will need a tool like UltraISO.

Run the tool, open the XP ISO file, search for the WINNT.SIF file (you will find it within the i386 directory), edit it as you want and then save the modified ISO file again.

just copy files back to hd and edit file, and make iso again as usual preferrably not with nlite, unless you delete last session ini, and the nlite config, so it doesnt re run patches or options section, even if you only select to make iso with nlite.

:huh: Just edit the file, run nLite, don't import (actually it doesn't matter), chose nothing but the last step; "Bootable ISO" and nLite will rebuild the ISO with the same set of files resulting from your previous session, with only one modified file.

Please also note that technically, even if you remove your serial, if you give a pre-made CD you are distributing copyrighted software in violation of the MS EULA.

jaclaz

I'm removing the serial because I mainly use this for myself, but a friend of mine who also has a legit XP OEM cdkey would like to use his to be legit.

I'm also not giving him a pre-made cd....just the iso :P