Install Order

I have been asked a few times recently to have some sort of auto-fill-in for Install Order. I guess I could scan the list of entries, find the highest one, add one, stick it in. But that doesn't guarantee that is how the user would want it.

How would you like to see it done? It would be an option to use this so no one would be forced to use it.

Post your ideas and soon. New version coming out soon.

Let me put this fire under you:

I figured out how to add sub-items, both checkboxes and radios. But until we get the install order issue somewhat fixed, the sub-items don't always get put under their parent because of sorting issues. So if you want sub-items for the next upcoming release, and I know you do, post some suggestions.

It's looking like the sorting will get a facelift. To have the children work properly then ALL items must have an install order assigned (at least the parent and matching children. just easier to give them all one). Sorting will be broken down to something like this:

For the installer, the real order of installing:

[ ] Install by category (your assigned category Sort Order)

( ) Install by name (alphabetically) (probably not needed)

( ) Install by install order (numerically)

Install by category is optional. If checked then it will sort within each category by name or order. If not checked, global sort by name or order will apply.

For the main page, in the categories, display purposes only:

( ) Sort by name

( ) Sort by install order

Sorting will ALWAYS be on, just how will be the only option. I will be pushing for Install Order to prevent weird happenings with sub-items.

Edited by mritter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how bout this! say you have an item listed and its install Order is 1! then you go and add an item thats more important and set it to 1! well how bout makin the app automatically +1 to all the rest b/c if you got 100 apps havin to +1 to all of them gets really annoying!