Belkin N1 USB adaptor

JanTech

I have just wasted £40 on a Belkin N1 USB wireless adaptor that I intended to use on my XP 64 bit system. Yeah I know I should have checked first, the specs did say will work with XP what it didn't say was it won't work with XP 64bit 'cause we have no drivers.

I am humting around the net to try to find a 64 bit driver for this device at the moment. I am putting out this plea for anyone out there had the same problem and found a way rond this?

I did download vista 64 bit drivers from Belkin bu the driver did not work as it would not recognise the device. My N1 is a F5D8051 Series 2000. If I have no joy with a driver, anybody want a half price adaptor only plugged in once?

Cheers

Jan....

Many devices uses shared files among different drivers. Therefore in theory you could download drivers from another device that uses files that would work with.

It doesnt make sense, but its true. Fyi my asus d2x uses same drivers as the steelseries 5h usb sound card. Its a very simple driver, yet it proves the point.

Normally concerning network cards, one would find out the chipset family and find a driver from that.

I have no idea if this is your adapter but take a look :

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/ind...?t19228-50.html

Here¨s a guy modding a driver and adding support for misc devices.

Perhaps you can find others who have pursued your device.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Belkin F5D8053 N and the XP 64 bit driver is on the disk, I just loaded it and made a connection without problem, I went on line to find a shortcut to the drivers but could not find the 64bit drivers on line. I could try to Email them to you.

Thanx for the info. I have now given up. I must have downloaded and tried most of the Ralink drivers none seem to work, I have edidited the .inf files to include the N1 but without success, I keep getting Error 10 unable to load driver??. I contacted Belkin and just got the stock reply '' We are working on it'', Yeah right of course you are. I am going to set up a mains network stuff wireless!!