Fallout 3

CaptainStacks

thats way cool. :thumbup

The DLC costs 800 Microsoft points

what are microsoft points??

Well that is likely because everyone in the world thinks everyone that plays Fallout 3 plays it on Xbox 360. Those points are the virtual dollars used to "buy" downloads on Microsoft Xbox Live. For the PC, this looks to be the link:

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Live/.../AboutLive.aspx

I can't get to Bethsoft.com to read any official info about it, because the Barracuda eats that URL. :lol:

thanks Maleko,

i don't know what the currency conversion rate is but it gives me an idea anyway.:)

i looked all over the site and could not find anything about getting or buying points ? just spending them ???:( i will have to look into the windows live that came with my game, at least i ave a new place to look now.

thanks

James

thanks Maleko,

i don't know what the currency conversion rate is but it gives me an idea anyway.:)

i looked all over the site and could not find anything about getting or buying points ? just spending them ???:( i will have to look into the windows live that came with my game, at least i ave a new place to look now.

thanks

James

I usually figure the pound is 2x 1USD but that changes often! That's weird if its that expensive. The Oblivion mods were only like $2 each when they came out. But these Fallout ones seem to be a lot bigger.

Oblivion, aka Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, also has an expansion pack which was originally available separately. It is called Shivering Isles. The extra disc may be the additional mods, like Horse Armor, etc. If the box says it comes with those things, then its the right one. Make sure to check for updates once you get it installed.

the 3 pack has aka Elder Scrolls IV im fairly shore, as i also it in a single pack at best buy.

my nepheuw just gave me counter strike source with half-life 2, so i gotta check it out till easter when the wife lets me have the Oblivion 3 pack. she got it for me and is going to put it in my easter basket, gotta love the easter bunny game. :thumbup

i'm checking the title now, man i hate the dial up speed.:(

• 5 months later...
I've been wondering if I should buy this game? Is it worth buying or not? I'm kinda in a 50-50 right now. I can't make up my mind if I should spend the money.

All Oblivion comparisons aside, you should probably enjoy the game if your familiar with the first two Fallouts.

Depending of what system your buying it for, I would go with the "Game of the Year Edition". Whoever mentioned the $40 price tag was most likely looking at the originally released game, without any of the mod/expansion additions.

Edited by HardDriv'n

Depending of what system your buying it for, I would go with the "Game of the Year Edition". Whoever mentioned the $40 price tag was most likely looking at the originally released game, without any of the mod/expansion additions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16832136008

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UU5T7E/ref=as...ASIN=B000UU5T7E

$40 is accurate.. GOTY is even more..

I was at "the store" yesterday and they didn't even have Fallout 3 for PC. Only the expansion. The expansion, which was only 2 parts, was $20. This is for physical media now. They are at 3 or 4 by now. IMO if you already have the game, buy the DLC from Bethesda, it will probably be cheaper.

But like I said before, I haven't played Fallout 3 yet. I only know that the $12 I spent on the Oblivion DLC was way cheaper than any physical media at the store. Plus, Bethesda accepts Paypal and GameStop doesn't. :lol:

My bad, and here I had thought the GOTY edition was out already....

(I bought my copy of Fallout 3 when it originally released.)

f3goty_pc_cover.jpg

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

We are also pleased to announce that Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC) will be available at retail on Tuesday, October 13th. The Game of the Year edition includes Fallout 3 and all five DLCs. The discs will include the title updates you will need to play the DLC — so an online connection is not required.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will retail for $59.99 and the Games for Windows version will be available for $49.99.