dvd with nlite

skonos

I know how to create iso with nlite. I know how to integrate drivers, directories, service packs etc.

What i want to know is...

what will i have to do if i want to burn a bootable dvd instead of a cd? Does nLite support creating a dvd image?

I have found that when burning a dvd for OS installation, especially windows, i find it best to write it at some slower speed then the dvd disc can handle.

This to ensure the actual installation copying of files goes as smooth as possible.

In a worst case scenario i had a install that took 90 minutes, yes 90 bloody minutes, just to copy the files in text mode (the "blue screen" copying part ;)).

IT could be caused by any number of things, but to be on the safe side, i burn at 2.4x instead of 4x, with dvd+rw.

I dont recall what was best really, +RW or -RW.

On the other hand, one can also install from a usb flash or usb harddrive, if setup correctly. There's a few guides around on the net concerning this.

Problem with usb flash is that unless the device is fast enough, it can take much longer time to copy to that, then it is to just burn another dvd.