Secure auto-login in XP?

flarn2006

I have my laptop (which only I use) set to classic logon mode. Whenever I am away from my laptop I lock it. But is there any way to make it so it automatically logs me in at startup but locks it instantly? That way if I leave it unattended at the lock screen, which would basically then be the new login screen, it will still log me in and everything so I won't need to wait after I type my password unless it hasn't finished yet. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this? Thanks in advance!

Add this or a shortcut to this file in your Startup Folder:

LockWorkstation.bat

@Echo off
rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

Depending on how your system is setup this will do one of 2 things... Either take the system to the "Computer Locked" screen where either admin or the current user can unlock... or will take your system back to the "Welcome" screen to choose a user to login as (if Fast User Switching is enabled.)

Edited by twig123

Add this or a shortcut to this file in your Startup Folder:

LockWorkstation.bat

@Echo off
rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

Depending on how your system is setup this will do one of 2 things... Either take the system to the "Computer Locked" screen where either admin or the current user can unlock... or will take your system back to the "Welcome" screen to choose a user to login as (if Fast User Switching is enabled.)

Thanks! That worked perfectly! :thumbup

Edited by flarn2006