HFSLIP 2.0 - Windows Search 4.0 Integration Issues

Smiley89

Hi. As I said in the topic regarding latest important changes about HFSLIP 2.0, I'm posting a new topic regarding my problem with Windows Search 4.0 integration with latest HFSLIP 2.0 pre-alpha (build 80630a).

I recently tried (again) making a fully up-to-date Windows XP CD, with SP3 and all post-SP3 hotfixes (IE7, WMP11, DirectX 9c extras, MSI 4.5 and Search 4.0 included).

HFSLIP worked flawlessly and so the tested ISO on VirtualBox did... But in the resulting installation, Windows Search doesn't behave as it should.

Files are in the right place, "Indexing Options" are showing up in the Contol Panel and clicking on "Search" makes Windows Search showing up correctly... The problem is, it doesn't work. When I try to search a file, a warning message shows up: "Windows Search isn't running. To enable it, select Programs from the Start Menu, then click on Windows Search": I looked for this link in the Start Menu but it wasn't there.

Also, when I click on "Indexing Options" in the Control Panel, all buttons and controls are grayed out and a text in the window says "Indexing not running". I looked in the Services list and started Indexing Service, but nothing changed. Again, there is a service which isn't shown in the list: "Windows Search". I suppose this is the problem, because on my current installation I tried disabling this service and I have the same results.

I also tried starting the service via Command Prompt (net start wsearch), but it says "Invalid service name".

I really don't know what went wrong, I put "WindowsSearch-KB940157-XP-x86-ita.exe" into the HF folder and the relative plugin (HFSLIP32_PRE_WSearch40.cmd) into HFTOOLS.

HFSLIP.log zipped and attached ;)

PS I integrated also additional post-SP3 hotfixes from thehotfixshare.net, but I don't think this is the problem, since none of these hotfixes is related to Windows Search and/or Desktop Search (please trust me... I checked and downloaded each single hotfix by myself :wacko: ).

I can post some pictures of the problem if necessary :)

HFSLIP.zip