vLite'ed Vista can't Hibernate

Double Impact

Can you, BAchManiac, or anyone else upload these two files?

BTW, thanks!

EDIT: Do I have to do something else after putting the two files? I rebooted and it doesn't work with the two files.

Edited by El Barry

BAchManiac, MagicAndre1981

Thank you for your kind support :) You were right.

Btw, Vista is sooo much more responsive when slimmed down - it makes a huge difference. And now I have hibernation on the notebook :)

El Barry

Sorry, it will not work by just copying these two files. I've tried.

You will have to rebuild the whole ISO in vLite keeping the Crash Dump system component. It will only work this way.

hi!

i've found the problem!

you need the following files from c:\windows\system32\drivers:

diskdump.sys, dumpata.sys

;)

Well I have these files and yet my DESKTOP won't hibernate or sleep. It comes right back on. Very very few times it does sleep but when it does and I restart, the USB keyboard won't come back on. I'd have to restart to get the keyboard working.

Any dependencies you can think of for that??

The sleep issue you're having is probably due to a device that is allowed to wake the computer.

To see the devices that can wake, run this command in the cmd windows: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

After that, you can uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" in the Device Manager.

hi!

i've found the problem!

you need the following files from c:\windows\system32\drivers:

diskdump.sys, dumpata.sys

;)

You are right. I had made several vlited attempts yesterday and independently zeroed on crash data report. A solution at last!

Can you, BAchManiac, or anyone else upload these two files?

BTW, thanks!

EDIT: Do I have to do something else after putting the two files? I rebooted and it doesn't work with the two files.

In my case I only had to copy these two files in \system32\drivers and hibernation workes immediately, no restart was needed.

I compared my vlited vista with an unmodified vista and there were 4 files more in \drivers folder. then I tried all files and saw that this two were needed (in my case).

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same hibernation problem, but the difference is that I haven't used vLite. After googling and trying various things for 12 hours I finally found this forum, tried cmd -> shutdown /h, and got the same "The system cannot find the file specified.(2)" Could you upload your diskdump.sys and dumpata.sys? Maybe that would help. I wasn't able to find those files using google. I also tried to copy those files from my win xp installation, but dumpata.sys wasn't present there and diskdump.sys didn't change anything.

The sleep issue you're having is probably due to a device that is allowed to wake the computer.

To see the devices that can wake, run this command in the cmd windows: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

After that, you can uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" in the Device Manager.

Well just figures this one out. It wasn't due to vlite but my power supply unit. I was using a 20-pin power supply for a 24-pin mobo. last 4 pins were empty and they seem to power the graphics pcie. replacing the psu solved the problem.