Why RapidShare? :(

lama

• 2 weeks later...
Rapidshare does suck a whole lot. How about we create some magnet links and torrents? I usually submit files to Bitzi.

Rapidshare only sucks if you don't have a premium account.

Btw, if your ISP uses a transparent proxy (like mine :angry:), the only way you'll be able to download is to set your browser' proxy settings to the one provided by your ISP. Either that or get a premium account (like I have), it's definitely worth it. You won't find a better host anywhere.

Rapidshare only sucks if you don't have a premium account.

Btw, if your ISP uses a transparent proxy (like mine :angry:), the only way you'll be able to download is to set your browser' proxy settings to the one provided by your ISP. Either that or get a premium account (like I have), it's definitely worth it. You won't find a better host anywhere.

Still, I think we should add magnet links and/or torrents and encourage people to share these files across their favorite P2P networks.

I cannot download anything from rapidshare and proxy is something we are forced to use :realmad:

MDGx doesn't respond or have mirrors :(

Take it easy, mate. :wacko:

What files are you looking to download? Please PM me with details.

I saw mirror at

lemnews

Thanks :D although, I love MDGx! If these files were kept there, I would be happy :) I can't find that powerpack 5 either (found 4 though)...

EDIT: It appears that some files are for Russian OS? hmmm :( btw, mdgx, I did send you pm long back (didn't get any replies)

Edited by lama

I've been having lots of problems with RapidSh.. too, in the past; for some reason (mismatched system files or something), I could not download anything, saying there's already an ongoing download from my address (obviously false).

Lately I've been using uploaded.to, however people in different areas reported they couldn't access the site; could be intentionally blocked by certain security software or even ISPs - works fine by me though.

most of the time when people use host like rapidshare/filefactory its because the file is either blatantly illegal or falls in a grey legal area (EULA violations) so people dont host them on 'legit' webhosts because legit webhosts usually take things like DMCA notices and ceast and desist orders seriously.

Ahh Yeah... That makes sense. A webhosting company woulden't want a user to distributed illegal pirated software or activation hacks. But you know you see sites that have that? That makes you wonder, do that webhost not care?

Edited by Nerwin