winpe availability

kararu

thnks ...

I have downloaded WAIK which has winpe.wim files and waik.msi files.

I plan install waik with the waik.msi in my current system and create winpe cd from that waik.Will that be possible.

Is there any other direct way to create winpe cd.((will the windows image file (wim) directly burn a winpe image cd?)

thanks

kararu.

You can find instructions on building a CD from IcemanND's guide stickied in this forum.

As far as licensing goes, you can use it all you want, but you can't sell it. You can use it in a commercial product, such as via WinRE and you can charge extra for providing a backup or recovery service, but not for the winPE itself.

• 4 months later...
You can find instructions on building a CD from IcemanND's guide stickied in this forum.

As far as licensing goes, you can use it all you want, but you can't sell it. You can use it in a commercial product, such as via WinRE and you can charge extra for providing a backup or recovery service, but not for the winPE itself.

Does anyone have a link to the licensing information that states what is mentioned above? I am working on a project for the general public that uses winpe, and would like to verify that winpe can be distributed in this manner. I would not be selling winpe I would be selling a solution that happens to use winpe as part of its process.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ken.

You need to have official access to the OPK Tools in order to redistribute Windows PE. WAIK is licensed for corporate/enterprise use only, such as an IT department within a company. A requirement of this is you need to be within the OEM Channel, and ISV or SA level accounts. I do know that my company is licensed to redistribute the Windows PE, but I do not have access to other licensing items. We use the Windows PE for recovery or deployment only, which is its purpose. It does not appear to be licensed for any other purpose.

Read this here:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15894

You need to have official access to the OPK Tools in order to redistribute Windows PE. WAIK is licensed for corporate/enterprise use only, such as an IT department within a company. A requirement of this is you need to be within the OEM Channel, and ISV or SA level accounts. I do know that my company is licensed to redistribute the Windows PE, but I do not have access to other licensing items. We use the Windows PE for recovery or deployment only, which is its purpose. It does not appear to be licensed for any other purpose.

Read this here:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15894

Also, my account level does not grant me full access to the Licensing portion of OCE.

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful.

Ken.

• 3 months later...

Since I put this thread in the FAQ, and do not think this is enough for its own thread, I am posting the licensing info for Win PE 3.0 here:

◦Windows PE 3.0 is a bootable tool that provides operating system features for installation, troubleshooting, and recovery. It is licensed under the OEM Tools Agreement for the inclusion of Product within an OEM’s Custom Utility.

◦Windows PE 3.0 is designed to support the deployment of all versions of the following operating systems: Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows® 7 Home Basic, Windows® 7 Home Basic for Small Notebook PCs, Windows® 7 Starter, Windows® 7 Starter for Small Notebook PCs, Windows Vista® Home Basic, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Windows Vista® Business, Windows Vista® Ultimate, and Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 (Web, Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter and Itanium Editions).

◦Windows PE 3.0 is available in the x86, x64 and IA64 architecture versions. Customer Systems may run the Product in a physical or virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system of these architectures. The Product may not function properly with other operating system products or other processor architectures.

◦There is no royalty for Windows PE 3.0 when:

■The Product is included within a Custom Utility that is preinstalled on a Customer System, or

■When the Product is on media that is placed within the Customer System packaging and distributed.

◦There is a $1.50 per copy royalty for all other forms of redistribution of an OEM’s Custom Utility that incorporates Windows PE 3.0.

◦Windows PE 3.0 is available in these languages:

English

Turkish

Thai

Spanish

Korean

Romanian

Japanese

Czech

Lithuanian

German

Portuguese