HFSLIP program in Add/remove programs

TedJBrown

Hi everyone,

I slipstreamed XP SP3, WMP 11, IE7, and all the rest of the updates in the June list. After installing XP from the new disk I made, there is a HFSLIP entry under Add/Remove programs in the control panel. What is this for, and is it safe to delete?

Thanks.

Of course you could just open the hfslip-n.n.n.cmd file and comment out the following two lines:

Current stable version 1.7.8
(lines 3279 & 3280)

ECHO>>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream","DisplayName",0,"HFSLIP Total Slipstream (v%HFSVERFULL%)"
ECHO>>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream","UninstallString",0,"CMD /C ECHO>ER.REG REGEDIT4&ECHO>>ER.REG [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream]&REGEDIT /S ER.REG&DEL/Q/F ER.REG"

I actually don't think it should be there.

If the developers wish to advertise their work in this way they should find an appropriate location for doing so. The Add/Remove Programs list is for doing just that, it really isn't a good idea to place an entry there which doesn't do anything at all.