Luma.msstyle error...autologon and runonce not working

atolica

Here I am again.

After 60 tries in vmware and several in nlite I had it. The nlited xp doesn't install properly.

It works flawlessly in vmware, but when installing it on the real machine it cannot find some files: Luna.theme, Luna.msstyle, Windowsclassic.theme, Shellstyle.dll. After that everything crumbles. It logs using administator account not the one I created, runonce sequence doesn't run at all (in vmware it does) and some of the drivers are not integrated/installated.

I am installing from a usb stick using winnt32.exe, and I noticed that the folder "$WIN_NT$.~BT" still exists on my C:\ drive, when it shouldn't. The files inside it are, mainly drivers.

What the heck is wrong here?

Any help is needed.

I am attaching the las session.ini

Thank you.

AAAA.ini

atolica,

It is probably a driver problem. Did you install text mode drivers for your RAID and SATA drives? Did nLite see them as text mode? Did the folder with the .inf file(s) also have a txtsetup.oem file? You will get some really bizarre symptoms if your RAID/SATA text mode drivers are not correct. Since VMware brings along its own virtual hardware and drivers, yours don't get tested.

You should also update to the latest nLite, 1.4.9.1.

The only thing I can suggest is look at your text mode drivers carefully. Do you have the files for a floppy? Are these the ones you are using?

Good luck, John.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am integrating sata/raid drivers and this not the first time, they always worked, never had problems with them. Yes the txtsetup.oem is there, I know it can cause monkey business.:)

As for nlite, I had exactly the same problems with the latest nlite version and I thought I try the previous one, but the same thing happens. I am suspecting the physx.exe driver that is now bundled in the latest nvidia drivers, version 178.24, but this the only thing that comes to me now.

I've done this hundreds of time and I hadn't any problems. Now it's a pain.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know. I have to make it work.

I just looked which driver failed to install/integrate, and it seems that nvidia drivers are the only ones. I will delete physx.exe the next time I'll build an iso and test it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Atolica

atolica:

Ever since the game Tarok , which demanded that Physx Software suite was installed on system in order to function correct, i found myself downloading physx software suite from nvidia.com, This means you can install it separately from nvidia display drivers.

I use ATI gfx so that says it.

I have AgeiaPhysx80904.msi installed atm and its working great (file renamed).

I just install it with this:

%Source%Silence\AgeiaPhysx80904.msi /qn /g:enu /norestart

I think i just extracted the msi from temp file or something.

Thereby u can skip integrating the physx driver i believe? You know, so to further eliminate the cause of your problem.

I just gave up.

Wht nlite is doing is renaming all those files "luna.msstyle" to "luna.mst" and all the other ones that I mentioned and cabing them inside NLVST folder. Inside LUNA.TH_ I have "luna.the" instead of "luna.theme", in "WINDOWSCLASSIC.TH_" I have "windowsclassic.the" instead of "windowsclassic.theme", etc. All the extensions are changed and thereby the files are not copied during setup using winnt32.exe method. I changed the extensions, rearchived the files but I still get the error. Probably there are some references inside other files. I didn't test the iso on a real machine, only in vmware because my dvd-rw drive is broken.

Nuhi, it would be great if you could lend me a helping hand here.

Regards,

Atolica