PYTHON 2.6

bigjet

Anybody got Python 2.6 (the MSI) to install on Windows 98SE?

I get a "missing DLL" error message, but my MSI 2 (which Python says is required) is installed and working. Python should install from source code, but MSVC++ is required.

--bigjet

thanks for the reply kwibus, but the Python folks say their software is compatible with win98 (nothing about needing a kernel patch.) I tried on 98FE, 98SE, and Me. Got the same error on all. Guess their compatibility talk is bs. Python is big on Linux, in fact Gentoo is completely programmed in Python.

thanks again, just thought I'd ask.

--bigjet

When you install the latest version of python 2.5 or 2.6 you get a message that 2.5.x is the latest vesion that supports win 9x. So I guess it is no longer officially supported.

That does not mean it can't work though if the programming language in which python was written is fully win98 compatible and no OS specific commands were used the python core should run on a win 98 platform.

at least that is what i think i have very little programming experience my self so i could be wrong. I'll try to look into it some more when i have some more time.