Quick question about MCE Windows XP, all versions old and new

I have worked with the OS before but I have always used the costumer's *big box name here* CD if I had to reinstall (actually a freak occurrence that none who had MCE ever lost or damaged their discs, though I did have one who I just reordered for because she loved the software that came bundled [yet another freak occurance]). Now every time I can remember they have always had a proprietary install screen. Well today I was at a friends/coworkers house and he had a stock MSDN MCE 2004 disk. i installed it into a vm of his to check out the Windows Embedded theme that just came out (he runs Vista). I noticed that during the install, except for the license screen, it always says Windows Professional? Now this is only during install, afterwards it says Media Center Edition in computer properties ect. My question is has it always said Windows Professional during install/setup screens? And in all versions (2002/2004/2005)? Or was it fixed in 05 or what? No real need/purpose to this, just curiosity :).

Edited by staknhalo