far cry wont install

starcraftmaster

when i try to install far cry

the install shiled comes up and says prepering to install and it finshs that. but then my sceen turns off and says no singnal but the computer is still on and i can restart by doing ctrl alt delete.

some times it makes it though and goes to the far cry install but i press next and it does the black sceen thing

i got a 766 mhz celeron

geforce 4 mx 440 se 64mb pci

384 mb of sd ram

i know my cpu hasnt got the power to run but most games run any way even know they need about 300 mhz more to work but they run good

even if i dont have the system specs it should still install right?

It sounds a wierd one - but to be honest i have never tried to install this game, so unsure of the setup procidure - the only thing i can think of, is that when the resolution is changing, its going over the spec of your machine - so why not double check you have the correct drivers for your monitor?

Then the machine will know the max resolution it can set it to.

Minimum Requirements:

Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/2000/XP (only) 
Processor: AMD Athlon? 1 GHz or Pentium® III 1 GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0b-compatible graphics card
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0b-compatible PCI card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (included on disc)
CD-ROM: 4x DVD or 16x CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps upstream to host 8 players)

Considering you are rather below the minimum CPU requirements and right on the line for the rest. I would say there is NO way it will run! It is choking your system during the installation.

Recommended

Supported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/XP (only) 
Processor: AMD Athlon 2400-3000+ or Pentium 4 2-3 GHz
RAM: 512-1024 MB
Video Card: 128 MB GeForce 4 128 MB to GeForce FX 5950; ATI Radeon 9500-9800 XT
Sound Card: Sound Blaster® Audigy® series
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (included on disc)
CD-ROM: 8x-16x DVD or 32x CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps upstream to host 8 players)

You are WAY, WAY below the recommended settings. I know you love your old PC, but it just may be time for an upgrade.

Let the old girl die with dignity, don't deat her to death like this...
Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

You can think all you want about Windows ME, but it doesn't seem like it will run Far Cry.

Me isn't mentioned in the requirements.

Even if you were to manage to get the game installed and it ran, I really don't think it would be that enjoyable with the wide open environments that Far Cry has.

I remember playing this game on my Pentium 3 1ghz, with 384mb of sdram, and a geforce 5500, and while it was playable to a certain degree, I wasn't able to get the full experience of the game.