Multiple File Renamer

naza911

Basically as the title may suggest, I need some software which would be able to rename a whole set of MP3 files. The files were uploaded to rapidshare, which automatically files spaces with underscores and now some of the files also are in capitals. I have been through a few pieces of software without any luck. Basically all I want is the have the Underscores replaced with Spaces and have the Uppercase letter replaced with only the first letter being uppercase and the rest lowercase.

So if anyone knows of some software that would be able to do that I would be most grateful.

Personally, I found that 99% of renamers suck (the ones I tried at least).

So instead I use a dumb vbscript that fills an array with the names of all the files, then loops thru it renaming all files. There's a "blank" spot in that loop, where you can type the code to manipulate the file names yourself (actually, there's pre-written ones commented out -- for the lazy). It's trivial to write, and it works great if you can handle a very simple scripting language.

Replacing underscores with spaces would be as simple as:

s = Replace(s, "_", " ")

(you wouldn't even have to write that, just un-comment a line and put the underscore/space in there -- google for vbscript string replace or if you need explanations)

Sure, it's not the most user-friendly "app", but I have yet to find an app that's half as powerful (again, assuming you can write a simple script), doesn't have confusing options and things you have to lookup (e.g. use %D for date and then use these complex parameters for formatting it a certain way), etc. You could even use regular expressions if you wanted to (more complicated though).

Not for everyone I guess, but it's still the best thing I've "found" by far...