Solution for AHCI mode on new models

coop75

UPDATE on this issue.. :)

To find out the problem I made a clean nLited XP with only manually added drivers from Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.6.0.1007 (in TXT format) and Intel INF Update Utility 9.0.0.1008 (in PNP format) and it worked!

So that means the DriverPacks MassStorage 8.05 must have owerwrited my new drivers from Intel..

Then I found out that DriverPacks had a newer MassStorage file for testing and it worked fine! :)

So until they release a new version you can use this one:

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_810F.7z

------------------------------------------------------------------

Old post

------------------------------------------------------------------

It has always worked before on older laptops with SATA drives.. but now on the new models (for example HP 2530p, HP 6930p, 8530p) it doesnt..

This is what I did:

I merged the newest AHCI drivers from Intel Matrix Manager page with nLite 1.4.9.1..

It finds the harddrive in the start and continues to install windows.. then when it comes to the stage where it is going to boot windows.. then the BSoD comes up!..

I tried with and without driverpacks.. same result.. always the blue screen when it tries to start windows.. :angry:

The whole idea is that I dont want to install in IDE mode if possible.. :no:

It feels like something is missing!? or i do something wrong.. :wacko:

Anyone with suggestions / ideas?

Edited by coop75

coop75,

What are you doing? We have no idea. What OS are you nLiteing and under what OS? What kind of source are you using? What is your BSOD error code? Attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini and make sure you don't nLite the same source more that once.

Enjoy, John.

Thanx for these questions John! :) I will try to give more answers this time :)

What OS are you nLiteing and under what OS?
I use nLite 1.9.4.1 on Windows XP Pro English SP3 (I tried also with nLite 1.4.8 and 1.4.9)
What kind of source are you using?
Windows XP Pro Swedish SP3 (it was SP2 that I streamed Swedish SP3 on)
What is your BSOD error code?
I get typical SATA bluescreen "Stop 0x0000007B"
LastSession.ini and make sure you don't nLite the same source more that once.
I dont have the LastSession.ini file right now to show, but on Monday if I have enough time after work I will probably try with a Win XP Pro Swe SP3 with only SATA drivers from Intel Matrix Storage Manager and then will be able to give a more clean LastSession.ini file.

...and I always use new source before I nLite ;)

Edited by coop75

maybe it has something to do with the sp2 swedish & the sp3 u integrated over it? (is it english version or swedish version of the SP3) ?

try to redo your iso/source & test in VMware using an IDE drive..

try making your XP disc with integrating SP3 & testing on vmware?

Edited by MCT

Hi MCT,

You cant use different language on the SP than the OS have.. so in this case I use swedish SP3.. (updated in my prevoius reply so others can see)

It works fine if I switch in BIOS to IDE mode, but the thing is that I want it to work in AHCI mode, and it worked just fine on older models.. but there is something with these new models that makes this BSoD..

Perhaps I dont do enough or have the right SATA drivers yet that will work.. maybe this problem will be solved when HP or Intel release new drivers for XP.. thats why I need to test more on this..

I have not tried in VirtualBox yet, but it's because I have a real laptop to try my nLite on..

Hopefully somebody have same problem and understands more whats going on and have a solution to this :)

Edited by coop75

Coop,

Thanks for the details. I went to the Intel site and DLed both the drivers (iata86cd.exe and iata86enu.exe) and could not extract either with 7-Zip. How did you extract the text mode driver you needed and which DL did you use? Did you pick the 32 bit version of the driver in nLite?

Good luck, John.

...How did you extract the text mode driver you needed and which DL did you use? Did you pick the 32 bit version of the driver in nLite?

Good luck, John.

Thanx John, :) and yes I used the 32 bit drivers..

The CD version is only necessery if u want to put on a cd.. and in this case I just want the drivers extracted in a folder for later use with nLite..

In the command prompt just type iata86enu.exe -? and you will see the options for the switches :)

There you will see an option -a (extract all files) and -p <path> (changes the default install path)

For example:

iata86enu.exe -a -p C:\Temp\SATA\

Now you will have 2 folders with drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit to choose from :thumbup

You can also do it the easy way but using Universal Extractor 1.6

But on this file it does NOT work with this program

Here you can download ready files:

intlogo.gif

32 bit drivers from iata86enu (8.6.0.1007)

Approx: 192 KB rar file

intlogo.gif

64 bit drivers from iata86enu (8.6.0.1007)

Approx: 222 KB rar file

Update:

After I made these files I found out that there are good links directly from Intel from this thread:

Integration of Intel Sata and Raid drivers, Guide and help for XP and W2k3 (32/64bit)

Edited by coop75

coop

did it work?

I have not been able to try it yet.. but hopefully tomorrow (Monday) after work if I have enough time I will definitely make a new nLited iso with just the SATA 32 bit drivers from the post above.. stay tuned..

Update:

...EDIT: Here are the links to both driver packages:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Intel INF drivers

The links from Fernando in that post made me think that maybe i did not use all the drivers I need to make it work on the new laptop after all..

Probably it is not enough with the Matrix Storage Manager drivers.. it probably need something more..

To know better I have to check what type of hardware it is exactly in that laptop!..

Edited by coop75

coop75,

Thanks much for the scoop on finding switches from the .exe. This is the first time I have heard about that. USSF finds several switches (silent, I guess) but not the -a and -p ones. Good to learn.

Looks like you have lots of information on your problem. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks, John.

I integrated both ahci driver and the sata native ide mode drivers. XP setup then reboots computer at textmode stage. No idea why, but just installed new mobo, so some things are a bit new over here. Thing is tho, i run with native sata mode, and drives act as they are with ahci. Hotswap and all.

UPDATE on this issue.. :)

To find out the problem I made a clean nLited XP with only manually added drivers from Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.6.0.1007 (in TXT format) and Intel INF Update Utility 9.0.0.1008 (in PNP format) and it worked!

So that means the DriverPacks MassStorage 8.05 must have owerwrited my new drivers from Intel..

Then I found out that DriverPacks had a newer MassStorage file for testing and it worked fine! :)

So until they release a new version you can use this one:

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_810F.7z

Edited by coop75