Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Raoul90

Silent Install Skype.

Hey,

What is the easiest way to silently install Skype?

I found this:

msiexec /i SkypeSetup.msi INSTALLLEVEL=1 STARTSKYPE=FALSE ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:RemoveStartup.mst TRANSFORMS=:RemoveDesktopShortcut.mst /qr

But that dont work with cmdlines.. And i want to install Skype from cmdlines (with HJW's InstallTips).

I got Skype.MSI of newest version. (from temporary folder in docsandsettings).

When i put skype.msi, InstallTips.exe and InstallTips.ini in one directory and add this:

msiexec /i Skype.msi INSTALLLEVEL=1 STARTSKYPE=FALSE ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:RemoveStartup.mst TRANSFORMS=:RemoveDesktopShortcut.mst /qr

And then i run it, then i get this warning:

t_warningm_dddd124.png

From what direction should i run the command?

Edited by Raoul90

Well. I've thought to post in a pre-posted topic instead of posting a new topic.

Please how can extract the SkypeSetup.msi file from the package I've downloaded? so I can use SkypeSetup.msi directly.

You can't extract it. After starting the small setup.exe, it will download the Skype.msi to your Documents and Settings/User Name; when it finishes downloading (watch the progress bar during download), go to this folder and simply copy-paste Skype.msi to another folder.

If you want, you can get a switchless installer of the latest version (I keep it updated) at the links in my signature.

Hello,

I'm using msi method to silent install skype and regedit to disable autoupdates:

start /wait msiexec /i "%~dp0%SkypeSetup.msi%" /qn

And disable update with regedit:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]

"DisableVersionCheck"=dword:00000001

You can implement the regedit command on first script. 

Best regards

Edited by Tripredacus
removed spam