Dual-Booting and Virtualization

capester24

Dual Boot or Virtualization  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Dual Boot or use Virtualization?

• Dual Boot
    • Virtualization

Im doing a project in school that includes dual booting and i have been trying to find some info on dual booting such as when it began, how popular it is, and any other useful info. I am now looking into virtualization and how it compares with dual-booting. Please tell me which method you use and why as it will help everybody else understand the similarities and differences. I am posting in various forums to get all kinds of input so i have no bias, please vote in the poll too

I do not know when dual booting first came about, but I know you could do a dual with Windows 95 and Linux. I am also not sure if Netware 4.1 and earlier counts. Netware is an OS but it required DOS in order to launch. This might open up the whole OS vs Shell debate so I'm not sure if Netware counts. Also, not sure is concurrent DOS counts as being more than one OS or not...

Virtualization is a lot better because it allows you to use more than one OS install at once. Obviously Dual Boot you can only use one at a time.