Did SP3 do anything to LPT port support?

Zoinkity

It may sound odd, but did SP3 do anything that would affect LPT port support. I known Microsoft has gradually added more restrictions to port access, but was anything specific added in the newest service pack?

I'm asking because since updating I haven't been able to get any programs that utilize the port to function correctly. They were designed to use userport, and in the past this was never a problem, but as of late it won't do a thing. Updating to the new service pack was the only thing that's happened between when this stuff worked and now, and I'd like to verify that the hardware didn't fail.

Now, under a port monitor something odd is happening. LPT1 is set to use EPP+SPP 0x378 int 7 in both the device manager and CMOS. However, the port monitors claim that LPT1 is set to 0x3F8 -this isn't a selection in CMOS- and that 0x378 is LPT2. However, I can't redirect the port numbers either, and compiling the program to use LPT2 doesn't help at all. Probably a hardware error? What the heck is going on?

(sorry if I don't reply immediately, but I'm borrowing internet for the time)