What Video card are you using with Win9x?

T.N.G.O.G.

Hi Folks,

As my motherboard (asus m2v) only has a pci-ex vga slot, I have been using a

Sapphire Ati Radeon X300se pci-ex vga card and later upgraded this to a Powercolor Ati Radeon X850xt pci-ex vga card.

They are great for gaming under 98se and had never given me any issues.

The driver I use is Catalyst 5.8 as I found this best for my particular system.

Unfortunately since Amd/Ati launched their Radeon X1xxx series of vga cards they cast 98se users adrift

and afaik drivers for 98se has never been written for the Radeon X1xxx cards. Pity.

Best to all the good people here!

tee charoen

I am looking into buying the Sparkle 8400GS, or the Albatron 8400GS, or 8500GT or the 8600GT. I have to do some testing and hope the 5 win9x drivers work with one of those cards :o

Compared with PCI-e 8 series, the PCI 8 series suffer a serious performance hit.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/038/G003818/20080728022/

Well if someone is using a powerful CPU, the PCI 8 series should be just fine. I am looking into buying one to see if the 82.69 or 82.16 drivers work with the 8 series under win9x. I am using a 6200 OC and its really good, but its always nice to find something more powerful for my last PCI card to buy for this computer. I just hope the 82.69 or 82.16 work with the card, if not, oh well i guess the last card which i will be using on this computer is the bFG 6200 OC.

Hi Folks,

As my motherboard (asus m2v) only has a pci-ex vga slot, I have been using a

Sapphire Ati Radeon X300se pci-ex vga card and later upgraded this to a Powercolor Ati Radeon X850xt pci-ex vga card.

They are great for gaming under 98se and had never given me any issues.

The driver I use is Catalyst 5.8 as I found this best for my particular system.

Unfortunately since Amd/Ati launched their Radeon X1xxx series of vga cards they cast 98se users adrift

and afaik drivers for 98se has never been written for the Radeon X1xxx cards. Pity.

Best to all the good people here!

tee charoen

Yea would of been nice if ATI added support for the X1XXX series under win9x.

Running an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256mb (Original reference board). Having the occasional issues with it completely blanking out when changing to a dos box however. Might be likely due to my PSU not being strong enough (9amps on the +12v Rail :angry: ).

Closest image I can find of a frontal image of the exact card I have.

1040597_6800Ub.jpg

Edited by Chozo4

Nice card, and about your PSU, i am using a 90watts Powersupply Unit that has been working since 2000. My BFG 6200 which requires 250 is working just fine. I think the cause may be do the drivers.

btw, another NEW PCI card has been release:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1218007087696

8990666_ra.jpg

I might end up buying it in a few weeks lol. I am a sucker for PCI cards. Plus i am using a bfg 6200, so the 8400GS will be a nice upgrade :)