Why is Outlook 2007 running out of memory?

WisdomSeeker

Why is Outlook 2007 running out of memory?

I am using a Thinkpad T60P laptop with 2GB of memory and 120GB harddrive. (Harddrive has about 60GB free). I am running WinXP with SP3.

Whenever I attempt to start Outlook I get an error message that pops up that tells me that I am "...out of memory or system resources". I cannot expand my folders, I cannot move folders. I basically cannot do anything or I get an out of memory error.

Outlook is the only application listed as running on the Application tab in the Task Manager.

I have two .pst files: one is 1,009K and the other is 324,937K which are obviously small-ish .pst files.

(I am running 3 .pst files on my desktop (that only has 512MB of memory) that are all larger than 1,000,000K and I get no problems at all--although I am using Outlook 2003 on the desktop).

I have run an AV scan and have no virus. I have also run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and MalWareByte's Anti-Malware and have no mal-ware.

Is there a setting in Outlook that I have somehow overlooked? I am running the Business Contact Manager in Outlook but this system should have more than enough memory to handle Outlook running by itself?

What am I missing. Please help me as I am aggravated byond belief at this point.