Seeking HDAudio driver for Win95

zydon

Hi MSFN experts,

I'm new here. My interest is to run Win95 (OSR2 specific) OS running on current hardware X-Core/HDA/PCIe/etc.

I was managed to boot Win95 from an USB key with NVidia GeForce GS 7200 using 4400 Ti driver and limit the RAM to 256MB (The rest becoming a virtual drive).

The only problem is the soundcard driver is not possible since it use UAA based audio sound card from VIA HDA(Gigabytes MB/Intel HD Audio compatible). It has been months I'm seeking for at least a generic driver for it but not success.

The good news is, yesterday I was found a DOS media player which is detecting the soundcard as Intel HDA and play the MP3 music in pure DOS mode. Even better, this media player come with OpenWatcom C source code. It's called MPXPLAY (MPXPLAY Wesite). Play various popular audio format with built-in codecs and auto soundcard detection.

mpxplayqb0.gif

MPXPLAY screenshot: On the top right box, it detect Intel HD Audio hardware and show IHD initial

My question is, with this working application that able to use HD Audio soundcard from DOS, is it possible for any drivers experts here could use the source code to create a Win95/98 driver for it?

If this is possible, it will solved most of my problem to run old Win95 games which is not compatible with WinXP with current hardware. I got all my favorite Win95 games already working. Just wait for the soundcard. At the moment I substitute with window speaker drivers which is quite annoying when it unable to match the speed of the game and begin lagging the whole thing.

Any comments are welcome.

Edited by zydon

aqcww,

So far, no one has it yet. That is why I think this MPXPLAY source code could possibly help drivers developer could port them into Win9x. Even a simple generic driver for HDA would be sufficient enough and would also useful for Asus Eee PC sound driver creation which is use Realtek ALC6628 chip (possible of detection VEN_10ce&DEV_7xxx ).

If I had the knowledge to write Win9x device driver, I would probably have done it. But it's still long way for me able to do just that. Furthermore, Win95DDK were no longer available anywhere on the Net and it make it hard to newbie learn about it.

Edited by zydon