Install Symantec AntiVirus & MSP File

Bastian_W

Hello together,

I´m trying to install Symantec Antivirus and a MSP File at the same time at the moment. But it seamed it isn´t possible.

I wish to install a 10.1.6.6000 with a SAVCE_10.1.6_MP1_AllWin_EN.msp file.

I found this here (https://sharepoint.uvm.edu/sites/ad/distribution/appconfig/Symantec%20AntiVirus.aspx):

Use the "PATCH" public variable under "msiexec" to install the patch at the same time as initial deployment (i.e. setup.exe /s /qn /V"PATCH=SAVPATCH.msp")

* Pro: Allows the patch to be integrated at install time, thus avoiding bugs and vulnerabilities. Reduces the need for reboots. Maintains self-healing capabilities of MSI.

* Con: Not overly compatible with Symantec's "Setup.exe" routine... unreliable

but the patch Variable isn´t working for me. Every time I got the error message that it couldn´t found my MSP file.

Note:

A installation point isn´t what I would like to have... I know it is working but I have bad experince with it. It often break MSI application healing and re-install features.

usually those setup.exe msi-wrappers extract the msi to some temp directory. If you only provide a filename, msiexec will probably look for that in the directory of the msi file. Did you try providing the full path to the msp?