Installing Applications with Transform files

fbnewtz

I am trying to create an automated setup of laptops for our sales guys. They all have EeePc 900's. One of the applications I am trying to install is Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard edition. I have used the Adobe Customization Wizard to create a MFT file for the installation. What I want to know is this: What is the best way to install an application that has been customized with an .MFT (transform) file? I did the same thing for Office 2007 but it never installed. I used Auto-It to create packages for my other installations and they all work. However, the Adobe package doesn't seem to work for some reason. To be fair the Adobe package I created with Auto-It was not using a MFT file, it was scripted through Auto-It and I am sure I did something wrong.

I know there are several ways to install packages during the Windows XP setup process. T-12/T-13, cab files, sfx files with custom install scripts embedded into them, etc... However, I also know that certain installs work better one way compared with another way.

I think if the community could put together a transform how-to then that would be applicable to most custom installs (involving switches). I see bits and pieces everywhere, but nothing complete any where. I would be willing to put together the how-to, but I do not know enough yet about the various ways to install packages through unattended installations.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Fred