Windows Live Messenger 9

ajua

hello I need the Windows Live Mail 2009, the latest version, as I can get this program only, without everything else, please i need this Download!!!

Download the full installer and install only Windows Live Mail, but make sure you uninstall everything you have from Windows Live (empty the .cache folder too) so you can see what components are installed besides Live Mail.

Then just grab all the components you want/need.

hi elajua,

thanks for your switchless installer(s) ... very convenient indeed...

i have some feedbacks to you when using your installers in Windows 7:

1) The installer creates the following entries:-

a) 2 Start Menu entries: "Windows Live Call" and "Windows Live Messenger"

B) 4 Uninstall entries: "Windows Live Essentials", "Windows Live Messenger", "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant", and "Windows Live Upload Tool".

Is this correct?

2) Is "Windows Live Call" necessary to be installed?

3) When I tried to uninstall WLM9 from "Program and Features" (aka Add/Remove Programs), I can't uninstall "Windows Live Essentials". The other three are ok (removed). Is this a known problem?

thanks! :thumbup

hi elajua,

thanks for your switchless installer(s) ... very convenient indeed...

i have some feedbacks to you when using your installers in Windows 7:

1) The installer creates the following entries:-

a) 2 Start Menu entries: "Windows Live Call" and "Windows Live Messenger"

B) 4 Uninstall entries: "Windows Live Essentials", "Windows Live Messenger", "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant", and "Windows Live Upload Tool".

Is this correct?

2) Is "Windows Live Call" necessary to be installed?

3) When I tried to uninstall WLM9 from "Program and Features" (aka Add/Remove Programs), I can't uninstall "Windows Live Essentials". The other three are ok (removed). Is this a known problem?

thanks! :thumbup

1) They are correct as those are "separate" installers.

2) Windows Live Call is not required, but as many people uses Microsoft webcams (me included) i decided to include it in the requisites installer.

3) I don't know for sure, but it doesn't matter as long as the application files are uninstalled and new/updated versions can be installed without problems.

thanks elajua!

continuing from (3): FYi, I can't uninstall "Windows Live Essentials" package only.uninstall doesn't work in "Program and Features" (aka Add/Remove Programs).

The only way to remove is by uninstalling from MSP file (msiexec /x or right-click|uninstall methods) ....

it could be Win7's fault, but anyway it's just fyi ;)

thanks elajua!

continuing from (3): FYi, I can't uninstall "Windows Live Essentials" package only.uninstall doesn't work in "Program and Features" (aka Add/Remove Programs).

The only way to remove is by uninstalling from MSP file (msiexec /x or right-click|uninstall methods) ....

it could be Win7's fault, but anyway it's just fyi ;)

Have you tried to uninstall using Vista? just curious...

It's good to know that msiexec works for Live Essentials.

• 1 month later...
1. Added SVCPACK compatibility (now it caches the files locally by adding the line to 7zip

InstallPath="%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\\Windows Live\\cache"

my two cents worth ... good move mickmack.

In my experience svcpack compatibility for MSI based installers is achieved by caching the install files before installation and not having them removed by the sfx method of repakaging/re-distribution.

shark

• 2 months later...

@ elajua

i have installed your messenger and english requisites by run once

but every time i open messenger i get a msg box containing "please wait while windows configures windows live messenger then opens another box looking for wlm.msi in C:\DOCUME~1\B-Man\LOCALS~1\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\

Look in the above posts. It seems that if you are running XP and removed the old messenger before installing the new one (or viceversa, i don't remember) will make the installer prompt to show.