Windows Live Messenger 9

ajua

• 3 weeks later...

:hello: Hi

I have done verything according to your tutorial on a computer where the old version was removed. But everytime i start msn a dialog pops up asking for messenger.msi. :no: Clicking cancel closes popup and then msn opens. How can i remove that popup ? The version i have tried is turkish and final 2009.

I have done verything according to your tutorial on a computer where the old version was removed. But everytime i start msn a dialog pops up asking for messenger.msi. :no: Clicking cancel closes popup and then msn opens. How can i remove that popup ? The version i have tried is turkish and final 2009.

Use this http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128918

Works perfectly.

It seems that you are running XP and you disabled the old messenger that came with XP before installing the new versions. Some user reported that in this thread, or was it by mail? I'm not sure, but you can look.

Anyway, if i remember correctly you can disable the old messenger, but you need to install the new versions first in order to avoid that question about messenger.msi everytime you open it.

The tool from benner does not do anything special in this regard, so if you use it you will face the same problem.

Please report back if you solved this.

Actually, I used Benners tool with a few tries, and it came out just what I wanted.

I used his tool and created a new WLM9 setup.

CRT.msi

Contacts.msi

Mail.msi

Messenger.msi

That's the most basic I can have without any kinds of problems. Using Benners' tool is recommended.

Actually, I used Benners tool with a few tries, and it came out just what I wanted.

I used his tool and created a new WLM9 setup.

CRT.msi

Contacts.msi

Mail.msi

Messenger.msi

That's the most basic I can have without any kinds of problems. Using Benners' tool is recommended.

Benner's tool is great for people to make their own switchless installers, but remember that this topic is not for my switchless installers.

I made it for the tutorial on how to modify the original WLM msi installer to include your own patched files. At the end, you can use Benner's application to make a switchless installer to include everything else.

It seems that you are running XP and you disabled the old messenger that came with XP before installing the new versions. Some user reported that in this thread, or was it by mail? I'm not sure, but you can look.

Anyway, if i remember correctly you can disable the old messenger, but you need to install the new versions first in order to avoid that question about messenger.msi everytime you open it.

The tool from benner does not do anything special in this regard, so if you use it you will face the same problem.

Please report back if you solved this.

I found that this happens only if yo have an old version of MSN installed and than removed like you said. With a clean system no errors.

I found that this happens only if yo have an old version of MSN installed and than removed like you said. With a clean system no errors.

If you want, you can try to remove the old messenger with the command line to see if the new version still doesn't ask for messenger.msi

Anyway, i'm glad you got it working right.