how do in uninstall/reinstall windows xp w/ o/s dvd?

i've been bugged for 2 weeks with a bug nothing else has been able to fix [slows down opening all existing ms word docs to 2 minutes+], and need to try uninstalling/reinstalling windows, but can't do that without 'id*** instructions' as i'm a writer and a tech-know-nuthin'... the dvd i have is the 'operating system' one from dell, where it was installed in my inspiron E1505 laptop when i bought it... it's out of warranty, so they're no help, as i can't afford the fees...

can anyone please help, with step-by-step directions a 3-yr-old could follow?... please email me, if possible, since i can't come back here and keep checking for replies all day...

love and fingers-crossed desperate hugs, maia

ps: i help aspiring writers all over the world by email for free, so this is keeping me from being able to continue doing that till i can get the thing fixed... but when i do, anyone here is welcome to join my thousands of happy mentees, if they ever need any writing help... m

Edited by mammamaia

if you have a product key

email me at ogdenw01@yahoo.co.uk

i will email you back with a pdf full of easy instructions

it is for a two disc setup,ignore it. proceed normally.

there are lots of usefull links in the pdf also..

if you dont have a product key somewhere on your machine, it may be that dell have built it in to disc,

if not ,,,,sorry youll have to buy one.

the best of luck..

ps, i cant ask you to do anything illegal, if you wanna download anything like that, you could be in bother with bill.

try this link and look closely at page ,,your needs might be addressed at the bottom in blue text

http://blog.retrosight.com/PermaLink,guid,...d3d69b1dee.aspx

thanks, wayne!...

btw, i'd never do anything illegal... i'll try the link first...

love and hugs, maia

if you have a product key

email me at ogdenw01@yahoo.co.uk

i will email you back with a pdf full of easy instructions

it is for a two disc setup,ignore it. proceed normally.

there are lots of usefull links in the pdf also..

if you dont have a product key somewhere on your machine, it may be that dell have built it in to disc,

if not ,,,,sorry youll have to buy one.

the best of luck..

ps, i cant ask you to do anything illegal, if you wanna download anything like that, you could be in bother with bill.

try this link and look closely at page ,,your needs might be addressed at the bottom in blue text

http://blog.retrosight.com/PermaLink,guid,...d3d69b1dee.aspx