Error 5 Access Denied

Been trying to get WPI working for a few days now, 1st-could not seem to get my Apps to save,but tried to make ISO image in NLite, would not save ISO image,tried Make ISO from WPI/Tools/Make ISO, got error-E:\XPCD\WPI\Tools\USSF.exe could not open file, Error 5 Access Denied. Downloaded USSF.exe and PEID.exe from this site,extracted to WPI/Tools, which replaced USSF already in WPI/Tools with this one(AVG keeps giving false positive that USSF is trojan)seems strange because after I had replaced USSF with the one I had downloaded, Avg gave nothing.Started WPI again with new USSF and PEID installed had no problems saving my Apps,I saved 13 Apps but could only get the silent switches via USSF for 1 App, reported the rest as Unknown Apps. Put them in my XPCD build and made ISO no problem,started Virtual Machine loaded Windows,then WPI kicked in, I clicked on Install and got error-Could not create reboot file C:\rb_config.js, Could not create history file-C:\history.js then started to install(I accidently clicked reboot after 1 file had installed) on reboot nothing else installed probably because it did no create reboot file,started Windows and ccleaner had installed(were does all the Apps get saved could not find any). I reinstalled XP on Virtual Machine and let WPI count down this time,on reboot it reported that all Apps had been installed with no errors, but could find 6 out of 13 that I tried to install I used /S with all Apps so don't no if this was the reason behind it.

Anyway managed to get some Apps to install,anyone no what the problem was with the USSF.exe that was included with WPI.Feel like I have wrote a book but wanted to let you no of the problems that I have come acrosswhile trying to understand WPI.

Dave.

The latest AVG and ESET virus defintions think USSF is/has a virus. It does not. I recompiled it and did not use UPX compression. How you got a newer version is beyond me.

First off: you need to make your install list BEFORE you make an ISO. USSF does not recognize .rar or .zip files as installers. /S is not global. You seem to be doing everything backwards. Don't use nLite to make an ISO. Use another program, Nero or CdBurnerXP, to make the final ISO.

You need to do some research on custom windows installations.

Ok. I did say that AVG gave a faulse positave I no that AVG can be a bit to thouragh in what it does, I am compleatly new at this and I am only trying to explain it from my point of view. I downloaded WPI from there site.Made XPCD folder, which contaned XPSP3.and added Ryanvm addons, made ISO image to XPCD2 folder,I then loaded that on Virtual Machine,it installed no problem. From my XPCD folder(origanal source)with Ryan addons I then added my Apps with WPI, and tried to make ISO image to XPCD3 folder, this is when I had problems, NLite could not create ISO image,Make ISO stated error 5 access denied, could not open USSF file,I found on your site ZoSTer USSF.exe/USSF.au3 I downloaded them and put them in XPCD/WPI/Tools, which replaced the USSF.exe that was allready there(thinking that there was a problem with the USSF file) I then made an ISO image with no errors and got no warnings from AVG,which I then loaded on my Virtual Machine to test before the final burning to Dvd/Cd.

All I no is, when I use WPI, I click Add/ say ccleaner/click anyware to add the ID/Install folder were ccleaner.exe is/USSF to add silent switch/Save/Exit. I understand how to add the Apps,but had no luck making ISO image to try it out in Virtual Machine.Untill I downloaded ZoSTer.Thanks for your replies.

Dave.

Edited by dav532000