How to save nLite choices, edit later and implement the saved choices

Raritan

I nLited an XP Pro SP3 installation with nLite 1.4.9.1, installed it and realized that I should have made certain choices that I did not in tweaks and elsewhere.

How do I go back now and edit what I chose before and then save ALL choices including the serial number etc. and run nLite with those options on the default SP3 installation to make another nLited version of SP3. I would want to optionally edit the saved settings in future and use them again ( on updated XP SP3 installations) without having to start from square one with n Lite.

Please advise.

Thanks

Matt

The setting you used should be on the disc. The files are last_session_u.ini (unattended info) and last_session.ini (everything else).

You can copy these files to the presets folder of nLite, and when you run nLite you can load the preset and make any modifications to it.

You can copy these files to the presets folder of nLite

In fact both files and those that have been created before are already present in that directory.

Do not forget that to have a same result, you need to start with a same (original if possible) set of files.

What I meant is that the ini file is not cumulative of all nLite sessions on a given set of files.

You do not have to start with fresh files but it is indeed safer and if nLite comes (free) with no warranty already, further nLiting comes with pretty much no support at all (even from the forum).

Understanding a bit what you do is a big hint.

-further removing components is no problem

-further adding drivers is no problem

-changing tweaks is (I think) no problem

-playing with addons is a problem.

-integrating a Service Pack to a modified source is a problem (so you have to do it the 1st time).

-... etc ???