Recommend a CMS to me?

I am getting my webserver back tomorrow after being without one for almost 2 months now. I am going to go for a total site redesign but I don't feel up to coding my own CMS. I am looking for recommendations. I have used Xoops and Mambo in the past and I really like how they work and look. Are these good pre-packaged CMS to use or is there better ones?

I am only looking for the ability to have a wiki, a meta gallery, support PHP and MySQL. Integration with IPB would be a plus.

Basically I need a CMS to provide me the account management. I've written one in the past but I remember it being difficult and annoying. I don't feel like writing one again.

So what do you think?

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
my vote is for Joomla but im not sure if you are looking for that much stuff of not, you can do ALOT with Joomla.

I've tried Joomla and Mambo and played around with integrations, but I couldn't get the desired design aspects I need out of them. They are great applications but do not meet my needs. I am currently working on another integration project where a CMS isn't going to be required.

• 2 months later...

My research group's site is based of Drupal, but there were some pieces of functionality that I simply wasn't able to create or find. I personally found the content structure more confusing than Joomla's as well (you've already mentioned Joomla doesn't do what you want/need, but I figured I'd mention it anyways).

Just my two cents.

CMS Made Simple is quite easy to deal with. You can integrate your designs pretty quick too.

People say Drupal is very powerful too. You may choose that too.

About Joomla. I used it, and i hated it. Sometimes it's too hard to deal with (v1).

I think you should better take a look at http://www.opensourcecms.com/

That will suit you better. (:

Edited by nomadturk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...