what component is responsible to automatically turn off monitor ?

ddead

since I installed a nlited version of windows xp my monitor doesn't turn off at the set time anymore...

I used the light preset with a few modifications. current nlite configuration: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=at...st&id=23632

before installing this light version I had a nlited windows with safe preset, and the monitor turned off automatically.

I tried enabling all services to see if it has anything to do with a service and also tried all Power Schemes.

any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in regular un-nlited version of windows xp the monitor doesn't turn off automatically in Safe Mode.

so it must be a part of windows that has been disabled/removed. the question is which component?

I think it's good to have an option to keep this for those who want to save electricity and the life of their monitor.

Turning an electrical item off and on does more harm to it than leaving it on. The only thing you are saving is electricity. I've had my monitor for well over 10 years. When I got it, we didn't even have windows. How long has that been?

and after all this time you haven't observed any sign of burn-in and image quality degradation? good for you, but still I rather turn mine off when it's not in use.

"to turn off or not to turn off" is a never ending debate. let's stay on the original topic.