Problem creating ISO image

dav532000,

I only meant to kill your Internet connection if you turn off your security SW. I do this to prevent bad guys from getting to my unprotected computer.

I see several LastSession files in your XPcd-2 folder. This tells me you have nLited the same source more than once. This almost always leads to numerous and strange errors. I keep a HDD copy of all my CD files/folders and make a copy when I start an nLite session.

It appears that most of your questions are concerning nLite. I suggest you switch over to the nLite forum and ask new questions there. You can point to this thread. I also suggest you spend some time reading the posts there and see what kind of problems/solutions others are seeing.

Enjoy, John.

johnhc

Ok I no were your going, but I got errors when I tried MakeISO from the tools directory, as for NLite last sessions, I did an XPCD with Ryans addons then ran through NLite to remove other languages and keyboards and make it unattended then made ISO to see if everything had been added,from that sorce(not ISO image) I then added WPI Apps and ran it through NLite again to make another ISO to test on Virtual Machine. So are you saying that from my XPSP3-CD folder I should add Ryans addons then WPI Apps then run it through NLite to remove stuff make in unattended ans make ISO image from that. I still don't no why when I open WPI to add my Apps as in WPI-1 screen shot I have no path to were the Apps are being saved which surely must be as I am working from XPCD then the path should read XPCD\WPI\WPIScripts\config.js is this right, then when I exit the navigation screen I get WPI-2 screen shot with nothing showing that I have saved, I have included a screen shot of WPI Apps I added after downloading ZoSTer ussf.exe and extracting it to WPI tools folder which is the ussf image screen shot,that I posted earlier, with MakeISO I was getting error about not being able to open WPI\Tools\USSF.exe file thats why I decided to try ZoSTers Ussf.exe and peid.post-213382-1224385601_thumb.jpg then Apps saved and I was able to make an ISO image.

Dave.

dav532000,

I have never used MakeISO and have no idea if it works or how to use it. You need to ask Kelsenellenelvian about it. I always have used nLite to create ISOs and Disks - no problems. Why are you trying to use some other utility? I have also not used ZoSTers and have no idea what it does. I do know you are asking for trouble nLiteing the same source more than once. It is OK to run nLite and check only Bootable ISO to make an ISO or burn a disk. I ran an experiment opening WPI with no config.js file and see the same Configuration you posted when you were trying to add your first application, CCleaner. The DLed WPI comes with no config.js, so there is no path shown. If you go ahead and save the configuration, it will create the file and the path will show the next time you open configuration.

Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

dav532000,

I don't know what you are trying to do but perhaps you are trying to save a blank configuration. Why in the world do you want to do that? I did the same thing and got the same error as you did. Obviously you need to specify a configuration before you do a save.

John.

johnhc.

Think I no what I have been doing wrong, when I first had problems saving,I exit WPI and on restarting I would recive the script error, so I went in to WPI/WPIScripts and deleated the config file,after downloading the new USSF .exe file and putting it in WPI/Tools folder I started WPI again and since I had deleated the config file ,I clicked New Config and everything saved, the new USSF found all my Switches except cleanup, I added 11 Apps which all seemed to install but not silent, I had to intervene in a couple but my WPI log stated that all my Apps had installedWPI_Log_2008.10.22_01.44.34.txt I have included it for you to look at. Thanks again for you help and patiance

got there in the end. The Apps that did not install were Java,Spyware Blaster, Spybot SD, and Easycleaner, even though I used the silent switches provided.

Thanks Dave.