Problem creating ISO image

Hi Kel. Having another problem, made Unattended XP, made ISO image no problem with NLite, added WPI folder then post_ %OEM% folder next to i386 folder.

Added my Apps to XP/WPI/Install folder added Apps with WPI HTML Applacation but NLite will not make ISO Image with WPI added get message

cannot create Iso image, ant ideas what I did wrong.

Dave.

Hi. allso when I start WPI/HTA/Config there is no pathway on the white bar at the bottom of the App, untill I click New Config then the pathway appears ie,

E:\XPCD\WPI\WPIScripts\config.js is that normal I thought you just Add/click anywere to load ID/WPI Install/save/exit, also after I exit for some reason nothing showing

that I saved MY Apps,could this be why NLite will not create ISO image,I am loss, as what to do to get it to working,tried uninstall and reinstall with no luck.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave.

dav532000,

I do not understand your second question - perhaps Kels will respond. As to the first: It sounds like you added the WPI and $OEM$ after you ran nLite and created an ISO. Apparently you tried to get nLite to make an ISO out of an ISO. You should add the WPI and $OEM$ into the folder before you create an ISO. In other words take your CD source files (fresh copy), add the two files for WPI then run nLite to make your changes and create the ISO.

Enjoy, John.

johnhc.

I made an xp with sp3, added packs via Ryanvm, removed some stuff and made it unattended via NLite,then added WPI to it,ran it again with NLite to make ISO image.

As to my other question, when I start WPI via HTA and it starts you have the main App loaded, I click on the config button, then add my App(ccleaner) but the white bar on the bottom of WPI has no path to save my App like ccleaner to, Wpi is located E:\XPCD\WPI\WPIScripts\config.js, buy if I click new config the pathway shows up on the white bar at the bottom,but when I save then exit, nothing saved on the next screen, I can find the App ccleaner in WPIScripts config, but when I try to make an ISO with Nlite I get the error, but if I remove the WPI,%OEM%folder NLite makes an ISO image. Tried it with Make ISO from the tools folder and it stops at 90% with Could not open file-

\\E:\XPCD\WPI\Tools\USSF.exe.

Hope this helps, not having much luck,bit I no you can put me on the right path.

Thanks Dave.

dav532000,

I hope you don't mean:

,%OEM%folder

It is the $OEM$ folder.

I need a screen shot of the WPI screen with the bottom missing from the Configuration function. I also don't know what you mean by my app does not show up. The installer for CCleaner should be placed in the Install folder in the WPI folder. When you open the Configuration function, you should click on the folder icon on the right of the command line and use it to point to your application in the Install folder. Do you see a scroll button on the right of the Configuration window? Anyway, the main thing is please include some screen shots. Are you running WPI version 7.1.1?

Thanks, John.

johnhc.

If you click on sticky wpi v 7.1.1 and scroll to the bottom click on WPI example you notice at the bottom no11 were you save then exit that on the white bar above it is the path to were the Apps are saved ./WPIScripts/config.js. When I load WPI, the same white bar at the bottom shows no saved path ./WPI is not showing unless I click on New Congig.then it shows E:\xpcd\wpi\wpiscriptsconfig.js. Is this any good to you.

Dave.

When are you not seeing the path? Are you running WPI from desktop or a cd/dvd? What you are saying makes no sense at all. The path will always be there, default or other. Obviously something is being loaded, so the path should be set. I need more CLEAR details.

Forgot to mention I am running WPI from my hard drive, made a folder with my XPSP2 in it, added XPSP3 to it, then made a new folder XPCD, which I then added XPSP3 and Ryan addons, from that folder I made ISO image and tested it on Virtual Machine which worked fine. So from the XPCD folder (which I knew was working fine because I had allready madfe an ISO from it) I then added WPI Apps and tried to make another ISO image from XPCD folder try it on Virtual Machine and that is when all my problems started, NLite stated coud not create image, Make ISO came up Error 5 access denied, and could not read from USSF.exe, I am trying to accomplish an ISO image with XPSP3/Ryan addons/WPI Apps/Bashrat Drivers that I can then burn to Dvd/Cd. I am 56 disabled and do not work anymore,but love to mess around with computers,it is really the only thing I can do these days,3 years ago I built my first Pc and am still using it now I also fix my friends Ps, but no nothing about Code,but you no what that say,your never to old, if I am doing somthing wrong I would apprieatcate your input to what it is then I can achive my goal. Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks Dave.

Hi. Managed to get screen shots,named them WPI-1 shows me trying to add ccleaner, but no path as were it is being saved ie(XPCD\WPI\WPIScripts\config.js)on the white bar at the bottom that has the save/exit on it. After doing save/exit on wpi-1,you get WPI-2 screen which shows nothing saved.I have also included AVG which shows what avg finds when I open tools folder, and USSF which shows the two files ussf.exe/peid added to tools which replaced the ussf.exe allready there is this any help.

Davepost-213382-1224341325_thumb.jpg

dav532000,

Does your folder structure look like the one here?

We probably need a screen shot of your WPI folder, so we can see the path information. Are you executing the WPI.hta file inside the WPI folder? If you are using a shortcut, try going into the WPI folder and double clicking the WPI.hta file. Have you deleted or renamed the config.js file in your WPIScripts folder?

We also need a screen shot of the nLite error. Have you tried with your security SW turned off? I always disconnect my modem to kill the Internet.

There was another topic here about USSF being a virus. The response was that it is not. Please search this forum for that post.

Enjoy, John.

post-213382-1224376895_thumb.jpgHi johnhc.

After AVG started giving me the warnings I turned AVG off, and yes my folder structure is the same ie I extracted WPI to XPCD were i386 resides, then after I added all the Apps I created the %OEM% folder so I have %OEM%/i386/WPI,at the root I have included a screen shot for you.post-213382-1224375299_thumb.jpg I am sure that ussf is not a virus, but all I am saying is, when I downloaded the ussf from this site screen shot ussf image and opened the tools folder containing this, AVG gave nothing, but when I opened screen shot,AVG image which was included with WPI download I got the virus warning. I have allso included a screen shot, after I have opened WPI which is named WPI folder. Once again thanks for you patiance. No I have not tried killing my internet because this is the first that I have heard of doing this, will it help.

Dave