drivers in folders image

I want to automate the deployment of windowsxp with WDS and winpe method. When i have a new system from Dell i put the inf files in the c:\dell folder. Then i start a tool called spdrv from vernalex which puts the dell folder in the registry so that sysprep uses that settings and adds the drivers so they will be installed automatically when sysprep runs.

With Dell machines there are drivers which containes .inf files but also other files like iss, ini, cab, dll etc. For example video and audio drivers is a whole folder from Dell.

The question is: driver scanner scan's only for .inf files but don't i need the other files to be on the system?

Where must i put thes files? in the windows folder or in the c:\i386 folder (installpath in my sysprep)? Or is it not nesseairy to put these driver on the client machines?

I believe it or all OEM drivers.

Yes you need to point to the folders in your winnt.sif

I am sorry. Never heard of winnt.sif. I am using sysprep and startnet.cmd for the booting images.

Can you tell me a little more of the procedure with winnt.sif?

Read your life away @ the unattended.xp guide: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

Ok. I have read the document. But so i understand: i can use either winnt.sif and/ or sysprep.inf to make a unattended installation. I use sysprep wih success except where to put all the driverfiles so that they will be automatically install with new hardware.

In the document link says that winnt.sif is when install from cd/dvd etc. but this isn't the case. What is the advantage of using winnt.sif and not sysprep.exe? Or am i wrong?

Yes you need to point to the folders in your winnt.sif

I am sorry. Never heard of winnt.sif. I am using sysprep and startnet.cmd for the booting images.

Can you tell me a little more of the procedure with winnt.sif?

Read your life away @ the unattended.xp guide: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

Ok. I have read the document. But so i understand: i can use either winnt.sif and/ or sysprep.inf to make a unattended installation. I use sysprep wih success except where to put all the driverfiles so that they will be automatically install with new hardware.

In the document link says that winnt.sif is when install from cd/dvd etc. but this isn't the case. What is the advantage of using winnt.sif and not sysprep.exe? Or am i wrong?

Hi,

You use sysprep.inf to automate Windows Imaging process.

You use winnt.sif to automate Windows Installation process.

For your help...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314479

and read deploy.chm on your windows CD in \Tools\deploy.cab