Add users from another domain

We have two domains DomainA and DomainB which have a trust between them.

I have a shared drive. If i right click the drive and click share/security i can see the other domain listed under locations and can add the user to the share.

I would like to create a group that holds these users. Once my group is created in AD i click Add and select locations this time i can only see the domain im currently logged onto but not the other domain. Ive typed domainb\user, user@domainb.local etc etc but none of them are accepted. Am i doing something wrong or missed out something? or is it not possible?

Thanks

If these are two distinct, separate domains in different forests (and not just two child domains in a single forest), then yes, this is the preferred way to accomplish this. You can review this technet article for cross-forest access to resources if you want to try a different method, for instance creating a (security, not distribution) global group in domain B, adding the domain B users to the global group in domain B, and then creating a (security) universal group in domain A and adding the global group from domain B to this new universal group. Note that this will only work if you are in 2003 native or higher on both domains.