Looking for tool/utility

music5_5

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a tool/utility which will let me create a install package for windows platform. For example, if I want to install CS3 unattended what tool/utility will let me create customized installer. I have tried wininstall LE but I could not find how to use that program.

I am also a Mac user and on the Macintosh side they have tool called InstallEase which works like ghost package maker does. Also I have tried Autoit with Scite but after recording a script I was unable to run, the app icon sits in the system tray and if I try to click on it then it says that it was paused.

Thanks,

Well, for applications that have complex installers like Adobe and others, there is no easy way to make a custom installer. You are better off making it install silently using its switches, configuring ini files etc...

WinInstallLE will record the changes made to your system when you install a program, but you need to know what to do with registry changes, registering dll files, etc.

So how does WinInstall LE work? Does it take a snapshot of the drive before the application has been installed and then takes a snapshot after the installation and at the end it will compare those two snapshots and makes a install package?