WinXP SP3 - IE7, WMP 11, DX9.0c

Drizzt_Kueh

Hi guys.

I'm trying to slipstreaming ie7, wmp11, dx 9.0c, and all the updates to a WinXP SP3.

The slipstreaming finished with no errors. The installation of the iso finished ok. But the Automatic Updates offers me to install the 953838 ie7 acumulative security update, wich is already in the HFSLIP\HF folder. Then, the installation of the 953838 hotfix ends with error.

In the zip i'm attaching are hfslip.log and newbin.txt.

I've tried downloading again all the hotfixes to the hf folder, but without changes.

If you need more information to help me, please, ask me.

Since now, thx U all!

LOG_HFSLIP.zip

Edit 1: FYI, the MU cabs and the windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe are the lastones, the links are from http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=118110.

Edit 2: In the installed windows, cannot open management console. It hangs out.

Edit 3: I'm attaching the WU1.txt. Maybe is a problem generated by the option delcats=1 like ocurred in http://www.msfn.org/board/KB950759-t119725...p;hl=mshtml.dll. I'm running hfslip again, without the delcats setting.

WU1.TXT

Edit 4: In effect, the problem was caused because i was trying to remove the .cat files. Without the option delcats=1, the xp installation doesn't have the problem. Now i'm trying with the followings options:

DELCATS=1

DELCATS_OVERRIDE=KB953838-IE7

DELCATS_OVERRIDE=KB953838

I'll write the results of this test.

Edit 5 and last (by now): With the inmediatly above delcats option works ok. But the iso file was reduced in < 1 MB. Is really a useful option?

Can this problem be taken in count for the next hfslip release? Thx U all, and sorry if i wasted your time.

Edited by Drizzt_Kueh