Wow, big OS

Well I have my Vista 64, and I wanted to intergrade SP1+all of the new updates. So I do that and now my install.wim is 4.5GB!! Ahh, It wont boot cause its to big (over 4gb's). What should I do (without taking out anything...Yet)?

My vista x64 is pre SP1 integrated, and i also had the same problem, because i integrated all dreamscene video updates.

The only way i could fit all hotfixes into my vista x64 dvd was to ONLY integrate hotfixes and NOT the dreamscene packages, and the other junk extra's.

In your situation, just integrate ONLY the sp1, and post sp1 hotfixes, and leave the dreamscene packages out. This should do the trick.

And also dont integrate the "Windows6.0-KB948609-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" and ""Windows6.0-KB948610-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" if you have downloaded these update packs from Micro nova or any other sites (because they take some huge space on your install.wim) . Also avoid unneeded language pack integration as well.

You can also strip out other vista images with vlite to gain more space, eg, business, home premium etc, and only keep the image you want to install.

Edited by shahed26

I got my updates from RyanVM, great update pack. There was no "Windows6.0-KB948609-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" or ""Windows6.0-KB948610-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" update, doesnt mater. I just stripped out all the languages and it was good. Thanks shahed.

I got my updates from RyanVM, great update pack. There was no "Windows6.0-KB948609-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" or ""Windows6.0-KB948610-v6001-x64_Net_3.5" update, doesnt mater. I just stripped out all the languages and it was good. Thanks shahed.

I also integrated all hotfixes and extra's except for language packs, and my install.wim was over 4gb, so i just stripped out all languages with vlite, and it was all fine then.

Anyways glad to know its all good for you now :)