CDROM does not Autostart.

johnhc

In my latest build, autorun no longer works when I load a CD. It worked before and I did not check 'Disable Autorun'. Also, my system does not display the icon for the CD but if I open or explore it, I see all the files/folders. I looked at key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer and found that NoDriveTypeAutoRun is set to x91 which disables autorun. I set it to x95 and the icon for the CD appeared but it still not auto start. Autorun was in the context menu, however.

I am running XP x64 to build an XP x64 ISO using nLite 1.4.9.1. Attached is my LastSession.ini. I am testing under VMware Server.

Hope someone has some ideas why this happened.

Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

I don't think you can do anything to prevent the CD from starting. I'm sure your ISO supplies the proper hidden files to boot the CD. You may have a glitch on your CD. I have had the install stop at places, and I have had to burn my ISO on another CD.

I would try to burn the ISO onto another CD.

Arnie

HowdyDoody,

Thanks for your response. I am not having trouble with installation just when I load a CD (image really) after installation. I am running under VMware Server and using an ISO file to install from, so I cannot re-burn.

Thanks, John.

Well, you lost me.

I used VirtualBox one time. I created the virtual PC on my secondary harddrive and installed from there. I don't really remember how I did it. I do remember that I had the choice of places to create my VirtualBox. I chose not to take the chance of messing up my primary system to experiment.

Sorry I couldn't help, but good luck,

Arnie