Valid License Key not working for Office 2007

LFactress

I recently started a new job where we use the Office 2007 Professional SUite. I installed it on my work laptop, and the IT guys told me that I could use it on my personal laptop as well (Mine is running Office 2003) so that the versions would be compatable. Unfortunately, the license key that worked for my work laptop (running Windows XP) is failing (not a valid license key) when i run it on my home laptop running Windows XP Home.

The IT guys don't seem to know why it isn't working - they use this same license for all of the inhouse laptops, and I'm running SP2 on my personal laptop so as far as I can tell I have met all of the requirements.

Does anyone know why it won't take this license?

Thanks,

LFactress

did they give u the media(cd/dvd) for office aswell as the product key?

it sounds like your saying your windows xp key isnt working to complete your office install, you need to get the valid office 2007 product key

you cannot use office 2003 keys with office 2007

Edited by MCT

Actually, i AM using the Windows 2007 license key. Both the license keys and the software are in a folder on the network, so i just burned them onto a dvd and brought it home. The license key i'm using is the same one I used to build my work laptop.

So, to clarify, you installed Office 2007 Professional on your XP Pro SP2 work machine via a set of installation files from a network share, and used your employer's license key for Office 2007 Professional and it worked. Under the home usage program of Software Assurance, you have the rights to take the same home and install it there (on one machine), so you installed it on your XP Home SP2 machine and when you put in the Office 2007 license into setup, you received an error regarding the product key?