creating more xp bootable usb flash drives

brute force

hi all,

now that i have successfully created a xp-installable usb flash drive via multiboot_10.cmd (thanks to all the help in this forum), how can i duplicate this for more usb flash drives. is there an easy way or do i need to use Multiboot_10.cmd to create each one? thanks again

hi all,

now that i have successfully created a xp-installable usb flash drive via multiboot_10.cmd (thanks to all the help in this forum), how can i duplicate this for more usb flash drives. is there an easy way or do i need to use Multiboot_10.cmd to create each one? thanks again

Are you hinting that USBmultiboot is not easy? :huh:

Seriously, besides the fact that you may be infringing the EULA by making more than one copy of the install files, if you have identical USB sticks, you can "clone" one to another, if you have different sticks, as long as you have the "other" sticks already bootable using the HP utility (or any other means) you can just copy the files from one to another.

It is advised that boot files (NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM, BOOT.INI, grldr and menu.lst) are copied first, than all the other files/dirs.

jaclaz

hi all,

Are you hinting that USBmultiboot is not easy? :huh:

Seriously, besides the fact that you may be infringing the EULA by making more than one copy of the install files, if you have identical USB sticks, you can "clone" one to another, if you have different sticks, as long as you have the "other" sticks already bootable using the HP utility (or any other means) you can just copy the files from one to another.

It is advised that boot files (NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM, BOOT.INI, grldr and menu.lst) are copied first, than all the other files/dirs.

jaclaz

not going to infringe on anything. if i am not supposed to do it, then this is over. didnt know i was. thanks for that information.

not going to infringe on anything. if i am not supposed to do it, then this is over. didnt know i was. thanks for that information.

I posted that it may as it depends on the particular license you have (OEM, "FULL", Corporate, etc.) and possibly also on your local Laws.

jaclaz

I posted that it may as it depends on the particular license you have (OEM, "FULL", Corporate, etc.) and possibly also on your local Laws.

jaclaz

i see. i never answered your question as for Multiboot_10.cmd. it is easy but seems not reliable. ive created the one successfully but had to change NTDETECT. now i tried to creat again, i get errors. i followed the instructions in this forum. i had to do the NTFDETECT thing, enabling txt mode in driverpacks, required to use the PEtoUSB thing. all this and still an issue. it worked fine, then tried it again because of a modification and now i get .sys errors in text mode. so am back to creating with Multiboot. who knows what will happen next. now i get textsetup.sif is corrupt. doesnt make sense since it just worked yesterday. thanks again