HELP! I've lost me marbles and I can't find'um!

Macster

All kidding aside. I have run into an issue, where none of my "run once" installs are working. Actually they have never worked ever since trying at this unattended install stuff. :wacko: I have attached some files, perhaps someone can show me the error of my ways and put me on the path of excellence (if that is EVEN possible :blink:).

A side note: Is there anyway to have nLite burn rewrittable DVDs instead of the single shot DVDs? I am waisting a whole gob of em. Or is there some way of setting this up to do a network installation?

Ps. I am using nLite 1.4.9.1 and I am installing Win XP Pro SP 3. Oops almost forgot to put this in.

Edited by Macster

I only use DVD-RWs or CD-RWs. You'll have to do a complete reformat with something like Nero to use them again with nLite, thought.

Arnie

Really?! Do you do a formatting before the initial burn? Cause I get an "unkown error" on two different DVD-RWs (fresh out of the box), but not with the DVD-Rs.

Have you considered VirtualPC (Which is free) or VMWare?

Seriously it is a must to test these things virtually...

Thanks for the suggestion, but Virtual PC only runs in like a pc environment, and I am trying to make an install for my laptop. And the copy of VMWare that I have can't work with XP SP 2.0 much less 3.0. And to make things worse, I am currently unemployed so I have very little funds to put for this. All I have is time, just no $$$. Anyway thanks for the suggestion. I will keep trying to find a way to do a network install. And some other means of making an install cause I really need those "run once" files to run cause they are my drivers for the laptop - the ones that couldn't be include in the drivers section of the nLite (after being uncompressed).

Thanks.

Edited by Macster