[GUIRunOnce] Sun x86 VirtualBox 1.6.6

Geej

Sun x86 VirtualBox 1.6.6

VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.

Some of the features of VirtualBox are:

* Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don't have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.

* Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.

* Guest Additions for Windows and Linux. VirtualBox has special software that can be installed inside Windows and Linux virtual machines to improve performance and make integration much more seamless. Among the features provided by these Guest Additions are mouse pointer integration and arbitrary screen solutions (e.g. by resizing the guest window).

* Shared folders. Like many other virtualization solutions, for easy data exchange between hosts and guests, VirtualBox allows for declaring certain host directories as "shared folders", which can then be accessed from within virtual machines.

Note: During installation, there will be 2 'Software Installation" prompt screen warning software not passed Windows Logo testing. Pls do not click on it. Autoit will take care of it. (by selecting 'contiune anyway')

dloadnowwi6.png

MD5: 9ACA51E261B53084BBA31A2CBBA89461

Size: 21.8MB

SunVBx86166.exe (Run this file via GUIRunOnce)

Additional: Program Shortcut on Desktop

Uninstallable: Yes

Optional files:

1)

Addon via GUIRunOnce

User Registered detail (VirtualBox.xml):

If you have enter your email to register this copy, you can include the detail via VBoxPubUserdata.exe

Your detail is store in typical C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\.VirtualBox 1.6.6VirtualBox\VirtualBox.xml

Use winrar to open VBoxPubUserdata.exe, drag your own VirtualBox.xml to Winrar Program GUI. See below screen shot. Done. Put this file ( VBoxPubUserdata.exe) to run via GUIRunOnce

Download VBoxPubUserdata.exe

Size: 184Kb

MD5: ACB0B0D46A9790787AA13030446E48A7

VBuserdetail.png

2)

I create a script to autoclick the screen (& reboot when done) when you decided to 'Install Guest Additions...'

Just launch the shortcut when you see 1st installation screen. This is a separate script that does not require you to add Virtual Box software with it.

Why I create this script? Many times I need to test some of the addons with another copy of slipstreamed OS (a lite testing version). If tested ok, then I add it to my main build.

Hence I believe most users would do that, so it would be convenient to cut down some time since 'Installing Guest Addition...' can be automated.

It is not necessary to add this addon into your main build. Add this only to your lite testing version. (This utility is provided as it is. If it doesn't works for you, simply ignore it)

AutoclickVboxAddition.cab - Install svcpack.inf

Additional: Program Shortcut on Desktop

Install to: Program Files\Sun xVM VirtualBox Install script

Download AutoclickVboxAddition.cab here

Size: 278kb

MD5: 3A4E8F497738C9A126559D7F37555B74

vboxadditionselect01.png

vboxadditionselect02.png