Filter out vlite and nlite posts

Noise

I've asked this before, I know nihu and crowd bring a lot of love to these forums. People clicking links, buying cdrom's, whatever.

I'm a busy man, I have people to see scripts to write, places to go. MSFN has helped me immensely in the past, and I pay respect occasionally. I like to hop on a couple times a week and see if someone noobier (it is a word) than me needs help.

I like clicking the "view new posts" link when I logon. All I see now is MSFN is vlite and nlite requests. Look, let's be honest here, vlite and nlite are fine programs if you don't know what the hell youre doing and need something quick and simple. But the program(s) is/are crap.

I'm over 40, I've been in IT for over 20 years. Give me a way to filter the sections of the forums when I click "view new posts". Seriously Xper, you have to know what I'm talking about here.

Hmmmm I hate to disagree with you but nLite and vLite are excellent apps. Especially for what they are made for.

However I stopped using them to remove stuff long ago (Not falling into that cycle again :o )

For making, adding to and modifying disks they are excellent.

All you looking for with a public post like this is a lot of flaming...

I've asked this before, I know nihu and crowd bring a lot of love to these forums. People clicking links, buying cdrom's, whatever.

I'm a busy man, I have people to see scripts to write, places to go. MSFN has helped me immensely in the past, and I pay respect occasionally (last word says enough). I like to hop on a couple times a week and see if someone noobier (it is a word) than me needs help.

I like clicking the "view new posts" link when I logon. All I see now is MSFN is vlite and nlite requests. Look, let's be honest here, vlite and nlite are fine programs if you don't know what the hell youre doing and need something quick and simple. But the program(s) is/are crap.

I'm over 40, I've been in IT for over 20 years. Give me a way to filter the sections of the forums when I click "view new posts". Seriously Xper, you have to know what I'm talking about here.

The above quoted says enough what i think about your writing style.... never the less i have to agree that there should be a option to leave certain forums out of the list if you want to do so. So yes you got a good idea here, but you could have written it in a little bit nicer way.

I don't believe there is any such feature in the forum software or if there are any modifications available to do such a thing.

Its possible with some server-side recoding, but it would be pretty silly to do it just for one guy. Example, View New Posts - nlite and vlite forums.

I don't believe there is any such feature in the forum software or if there are any modifications available to do such a thing.

Its possible with some server-side recoding, but it would be pretty silly to do it just for one guy. Example, View New Posts - nlite and vlite forums.

To be quite honest, I've been thinking about requesting this feature for quite some time. I usually just like going through all posts other than anything that has to do with unattended stuff.