Need help for TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 Silent Install

kongpak

Do this to install silently:

1.- Run the installer (but don't install it, wait until it finishes extracting) and look in windows temp folder for the extracted MSI file.

2.- Before you can install this MSI file you will need to download (google it) ISScript8.msi.

3.- Install ISScript8.msi and DVD Author's msi using /qb /norestart for both.

Now, for registration, you will need to manually register it. Then, just copy the file *.lic located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Pegasys Inc\DVD author folder

You can make a self-extracting archive to copy this file after you make your unattended installation.

This also works for TMPGenc Xpress (with the exception that ISScript8.msi is not needed) if anyone is interested.

Do this to install silently:

1.- Run the installer (but don't install it, wait until it finishes extracting) and look in windows temp folder for the extracted MSI file.

2.- Before you can install this MSI file you will need to download (google it) ISScript8.msi.

3.- Install ISScript8.msi and DVD Author's msi using /qb /norestart for both.

Now, for registration, you will need to manually register it. Then, just copy the file *.lic located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Pegasys Inc\DVD author folder

You can make a self-extracting archive to copy this file after you make your unattended installation.

This also works for TMPGenc Xpress (with the exception that ISScript8.msi is not needed) if anyone is interested.

I tried It 's not restart

but prompt still yes no and script can not process next script

How i do ? close prompt and process next script

sorry for poor english

Read my instructions again, they are working fine.

You don't need any script. I assume you were referring to you CMD file in which you are install programs?

If you have no experience in CMD files, read the unattended guide to learn the basics.

Read my instructions again, they are working fine.

You don't need any script. I assume you were referring to you CMD file in which you are install programs?

If you have no experience in CMD files, read the unattended guide to learn the basics.

Thanks elajua but I'm not sure understand (See my cmd file may be understand)

----------------------------------------------------------------My CMD File

@echo off

TITLE TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring

ECHO TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring Installing...

START /WAIT msiexec.exe /i ISScript8.Msi /qb /norestart

ECHO ...

ECHO ...

ECHO Installing MainFile...

START /WAIT msiexec.exe /i TMPGEnc.msi /qb /norestart

ECHO ...

START /WAIT ExtractlicFile.exe

EXIT

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Line4 and Line8 I tried to use START /WAIT ISScript8.msi /qb /norestart and START /WAIT TMPGEnc.msi /qb /norestart ....they same

when program process Line 8 (Install TMPGEnc.msi) finish It has prompt "you must reboot............"

button YES NO

Can not Process Line 10 (ExtractlicFile.exe) and EXIT CMD File because I didn't answer yes or no

I want to not show prompt message box yes no restart and norestart for Process Next Line llllll

I'm sorry for my English again but hope to you understand

kongpak, just a suggestion

I am thinking, maybe u can insert a compiled autoit script to help you answer the "you must reboot............" button YES NO

Assuming you have the working script complied, say filename is AnswerNO.exe, you can insert a cmd line after line 7

Something like this

(Line 7) ECHO Installing MainFile...

(line 8) Start AnswerNo.exe <<<--- this line is use to wait for the reboot prompt msg

(line 9) START /WAIT msiexec.exe /i TMPGEnc.msi /qb /norestart

I don't really know if it will actually work, but surely can try as it works theorically.

• 4 months later...

Try this:

START TMPGEncAuthoring.exe /s /v"/qb"

:LOOP

IF NOT EXIST "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.lnk" GOTO LOOP

TASKKILL /F /IM msiexec.exe /T

One of the last things the installer does is to create the desktop shortcut. If its there, then the reboot Yes/No message should be on the screen. Killing the installer task at that time, stops the reboot dialog. This work for Authoring 4, should work for DVD Author 3 as well, just change the START command and the IF NOT commands accordingly.

Edited by alanfox

• 2 years later...

I am looking for a way to silent install with WPI:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 & TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5

Anyone who achieved this and is willing to explain how he did it and maybe share the "commandslines" for WPI etc?

I would be most gratefull....