Help with modifying iBurst driver

vinodh

I have PCMCIA iBurst Modem that has 32bit driver support for either Xp or Vista. Recently, I installed Vista x64 to take advantage of the 4Gb of ram I have on my laptop. Contrary to what was said in another thread, Vista x64 allows signed 32bit drivers to be installed perfectly fine. I tried it with a few different drivers. However, it seems as if iBurst placed some some sort of platform identifier within the installer of this specific driver that causes it to give an error message of "cannot install only for Vista". Seems like it has to find vista 32bit before the installer will even start properly.

Here's a link to the driver:

http://www.iburst.co.za/downloads/drivers/..._v341_vista.exe

Contacting iBurst for support was useless. They say that they have no idea when 64bit drivers will ever be available.

If anyone can help me modify this driver/installer to get past that error message, i'd be forever grateful.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I was very sick during the past week and it was quite difficult for me to get anything done.

Anyway, I tried what you suggested it did not work. Vista x64 refused to recognise those drivers. From what I can gather, those are the same drivers , from the link I proved, just extracted using something like Universal Extractor. Therefore, that means i'm completely buggered. If iBurst don't provide proper 64bit drivers, then there is nothing more that can be done.

Thank you so much for help. It is really appreciated. :)

Edited by vinodh