How do I -install- windows services that I accidentally removed?

congogr

Hello.

I am on an ASUS pc, and had to disable quite many services to make a nice nlite installation that doesn't take too much space or slows the pc down.

Thing is, I now am trying to run the MOZY BACKUP SOFTWARE, which gives me the following message:

The following services are disabled... blah blah...:

VSS

(which is Volume Shadow Copy Service)

COMSysApp

SwPrv

Event System

(which is System Event Notification)

so I now have 4 services that need to be enabled. The last one, I can enable since it is installed but disabled. But I can't find the others.

Any hints???...

post-211597-1222344473_thumb.jpg

My mistake actually...

on nlite, I didn't Disable the services, i REMOVED them... so apart from Event System, the others don't even exist.

HOWEVER, I stop worrying and just uninstalled mozy... nothing more can be done.

Removing services isnt a bad idea, but some services are better left alone.

For example if you remove the performance logs and alerts components with nlite, Vmware will work just fine, but your event logs will be written to every second or so, creating a higher system latency then what it otherwise would be. Which you can actually measure with a tool such as DPC latency checker.

Knowledge is the key here, if you dont know what you're doing when removing a component, don't mess with it.

Having said that, i'm positive it's possible to revert the changes that is done to remove the components, but since you have removed them with nlite, you would also need to find the files from a unnlited windows source + the registry information + the .inf information required to do so. That is to reverse action it.

But as i previously was in the area of saying, these specific services are better off left alone, of course unless one REALLY has only specific use for that windows install. Such as a ftp server etc for a old computer.