Was I stupid to run Vista Update on a Vlite installation?

zicoz

I just installed my first Vlite installation, and it worked fine untill I tried to run Windows Update, because now it just keeps looping on the boot, it gets to 100% on the "3 of 3" part, then it reboots, and this goes on and on and on and on. Is it impossible to run Windows Update on a vlite intallation? Is this somehow because it tries to update things that aren't there?

I just installed my first Vlite installation, and it worked fine untill I tried to run Windows Update, because now it just keeps looping on the boot, it gets to 100% on the "3 of 3" part, then it reboots, and this goes on and on and on and on. Is it impossible to run Windows Update on a vlite intallation? Is this somehow because it tries to update things that aren't there?

I run Windows Update un vlite vista, and it works fine! I think it depends on what you removed...

The looping error from the 3 of 3 update is tricky. Mostly though it is because you removed 1 too many things.

This is one reason why I'm going to be cautious of what I remove when I make a disk. There is just too many things that can screw up. As well you might want to test it in VirtaulBox, before doing a clean whip/install.

Edited by deathman20