Using nLite with WinXP Tablet version

quinriva

I've been trying to install the tablet pc version of windows XP.

I've done all the basics (copying everything over from disk to cmpnents folder to the same folder that the disk 1 stuff is in). After I finished and installed it on my tablet PC I have no indication that it is the Tablet PC version (it just says XP Professional Service Pack 3 v.3311)

And I have no tablet PC things like touch screen/journal.

It is my understanding that for the MCE version it is necessary to add a line in winnt.sif so that under

[Components]

medctr = on

netfx =on

Is there a similar switch for Tablet PC?

Cheers.

quinriva,

I've built both standard XP and Tablet edition unattended DVD's. Copying the contents of the Tablet cd's CMPNENTS folder to your source build folder is correct. The only difference between the two builds is that folder and the "Productkey" line in the Winnt.sif file. You must use a valid XP Tablet PC Edition key to have the components install during setup.

Attached is my current .sif file. You will see that no other entries are needed. I'm using this build on Lenovo X61 Tablets and it works great. :thumbup If you are using nLite, make sure you are not removing the components by mistake.

Take care,

03rst

WINNT.SIF

Edited by 03rst

Ah, that may be the problem.

I used a WinXP VLK key, because the version of tablet PC that I was installing was a volume licence. I tried using the key on that came with my tablet (the one stickered on the bottom of the laptop), but I think I need a copy of a non-volume licence version of xp for that.

Cheers,

Trying to do the samething here with a an enterprise what I was told is that the KEY should be all encompassing is this true or is there a seperate key for tablet.

Ah, that may be the problem.

I used a WinXP VLK key, because the version of tablet PC that I was installing was a volume licence. I tried using the key on that came with my tablet (the one stickered on the bottom of the laptop), but I think I need a copy of a non-volume licence version of xp for that.

Cheers,